Our last family picture before Zack and Maddie head out on their missions. Our lives are changing and we cherish the times we've had together.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Observation Point - Zion Canyon

A great day for a hike.


Saturday, April 18th, 2009

Bryce and I headed to Zions for a hike. We had determined ahead of time we wanted to do something a little lengthy for some good exercise. No one else was able to come along so we enjoyed the day by ourselves. Forgetting about Spring Breaks and a huge race that had just ended when we arrived, it was very, very busy. The hike we picked out mentioned that because of the uphill climb you would see few other hikers. Wrong! It was pretty busy. You start the hike at the weeping rock stop, and as you head up towards weeping rock it splits and you head on up that very steep mountain (in the picture below). It's a pretty sweat breaking hike - for me anyway, Bryce has always been in better shape. He doesn't even huff or puff.






I about stepped on this little snake. And of course Bryce tried to pick it up so he could throw it at me. I know that was his intention. He loves to here me scream! But he wasn't quite fast enough.



It was a pretty steady incline for 4 miles. And then you had to come back down. So it was a great 8 mile hike. Perfect weather - 7o's.

About halfway




We made it!!!


From way up here you have a fantastic view! You look down on Angels Landing. You can actually see little people walking around. In the other direction you can see Cedar mountain with snow still on them. These little chipmunks were eating everyones crumbs from there lunches.


They are cute. But when I zoomed in with my camera - wow there eyes are weird looking.



Lots of animals and reptiles along the way. I love my new camera. Isn't that a great shot?



I love Zion Canyon. I could hike there every weekend. My legs were pretty tired as we approached the shuttle bus. Coming down is worse than going up, especially on the knees. But we had a great time!


You should hike up to Observation point sometime. It's beautiful!!!
To see more pictures visit our photo gallery link.


















No comments: